Sunday, June 7, 2009

Portals Juried Show Entries




Here are my two submissions for the "Portals" Juried Show at the Belleville Public Library. Both were accepted!!!
"Eclipse: Return from the Sun" (right) is coloured pencil/pastel and is part of my "Eclipse" series.
"Into the Fire" (next right) was one of my first experiments in acrylic. The glazings allowed me to put more and more colour on colour. I love the medium!!
Both are rather inigmatic. In a nutshell "Into the Sun" portrays some thoughts on what happens as a soul evolves spiritually. This particular "Eclipse" painting portrays our conflicts and hopefully the resolutions. The horse represents the race to save ourselves. He carries strengths/the answers obtained from the journey into the eclipse. The eclipse represents both dark and light information. The eyes (eclipses themselves) represent the ever present universal energies watching and waiting.
Both these paintings are for sale. They are on disply in the John Parrot Gallery at the Belleville Public Library until the end of July 16 after which they will return to my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment